|Title||Scene Shop Supervisor|
|Description||The University of Nevada, Las Vegas Department of Theatre invites applications for Scene Shop Supervisor.
PROFILE of the UNIVERSITY
UNLV is a comprehensive research university of approximately 27,000 students and 2,800 faculty and staff dedicated to research, teaching, and professional and community service activities. The university has internationally recognized programs in Hotel Administration and Creative Writing; professional degrees in Law, Architecture, and Dental Medicine; and leading programs in Fine Arts, Sciences, and Education. UNLV is located on a 332-acre main campus and two satellite campuses in dynamic Southern Nevada. For more information, please visit http://www.unlv.edu.
ROLE of the POSITION
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure track, non-teaching position. Responsibilities include the following:
* Schedule and supervise all, graduate, undergraduate, and volunteer students and labor involved in the construction, installation, maintenance, strike, and storage of all scenery for all Departmental and Nevada Conservatory Theatre productions.
* Serve as master carpenter as needed.
* Maintenance of all stage and ancillary technical production spaces and scene shop/stage equipment and related supply inventories.
* Attend all technical rehearsals, strikes, and technical staff meetings.
* Provide assistance to Technical Director as needed.
* A high emphasis is placed on Safety.
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: http://jobs.unlv.edu/openings.html