|Title||Lead - SQA Functional Testing|
|Description||DirecTV is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill an SQA Cross Functional Team Lead position with excellent opportunity for learning and development. This is a high-level position where the successful candidate will leverage their extensive experience to support and evolve the Functional Test organization, while adding value to the team.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado.
· Act as a team lead role and supervise testing activities related to a specific functional area.
· Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast paced environment.
· Ability to multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
· Must have effective communication skills to share testing knowledge and test strategies in a collaborative atmosphere in order to lead and influence positive quality results among test teams.
· Must have proven experience as IT Quality Assurance for large projects
· Capable of reading and interpreting business requirements, and verifying test coverage.
· Ability to anticipate challenges in the test cycle and craft effective mitigations.
· Effective at identifying trends between test cycles, and driving upstream change to improve quality.
· Must have experience in planning, preparing, and executing functional, integration and user acceptance testing; including end-to-end test scenarios across multiple systems and batch processes to drive cross functional efficiencies and improvements.
· Working knowledge of SDLC, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, and Lean Methodologies.
· Ability to innovate in test methods and tools to reduce effort and improve quality.
· Strong knowledge of tiered application models.
· Knowledge of relational databases, and software development practices.
· Understanding of test automation
· Good understanding of how applications integrate.
· Strong knowledge of software quality management.
· Strong vendor management skills; escalates as required.
· Possess good organizational/facilitation skills including the ability: to prioritize; coordinate; manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
· Troubleshoot/resolve escalated issues blocking test execution
· Drive and implement process improvements
· Proven experience with metrics reporting using test management tools (Quality Center, Target Process etc.)
· Must have good presentation skills to report the cross functional updates to Senior management within the department and external stakeholders.
· Develop and enforce testing best practices across the teams
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/about/careers.jsp