|Description||The University of Houston in Texas, Houston is currently seeking applications for an Events Assistant.
Hiring Range 2,241.20 - 2,801.07
Assists in the coordination of events and activities for an office of special events. Responsible for the accuracy of constituent information in the event tracking system.
This position will handle all aspects of the annual scholarship banquet, assist with four (4) career days, meetings, co-sponsored events, handle the travel and calendar for the Director.
1. Manages the event tracking system, to include maintaining and updating constituent information; generates recurring and ad-hoc reports and trains staff to use the system.
2. Researches community information using current media; contacts constituents by telephone to confirm updated information.
3. Coordinates agreements with vendors for the provision of hospitality services as assigned.
4. Coordinates assigned invitation mail-outs.
5. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of guest lists, invitations, name tags, programs and other printed event materials.
6. Responds to internal and external requests for information.
7. Creates and maintains event files.
8. Under the direction of a director, coordinates event registration process, preparation of presentation items and distribution of information packets.
9. Assists event manager at events as assigned.
10. Performs other job-related duties as required.
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: https://jobs.uh.edu