|Title||Technical Specialist A (Digital Video Specialist)|
|Description||Columbia University in the City of New York is seeking a Technical Specialist A (Digital Video Specialist).
The Columbia Center for New Media Teaching and Learning seeks a professional Digital Video Specialist. Reporting to the Lead Technical Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for working with all aspects of video and audio production, including pre-production, on-location shoots, digital editing, processing for online, mobile and physical media distribution.
- Working with CCNMTL staff and others to plan for projects, interviews, scripted productions and events that will require recording and subsequent digital capture for online distribution;
- Planning and assisting with the a/v production process, including logistics involved with a particular shoot;
- Coordinating the post-production process, including preparing video for web and mobile delivery, and/or synchronizing a/v content with other media;
- Scripting and embedding media players for online environments, including complex media with multiple tracks and with user-driven interaction;
- Assisting in the installation and maintenance of media computers and servers;
- Assisting in determining direction of future media servers, systems and applications by constantly monitoring changes in the technology;
-Other duties as necessary and assigned.
The Columbia Center for New Media Teaching and Learning (CCNMTL) was founded at Columbia University in 1999 to enhance teaching and learning through the purposeful use of technology and new media. In partnership with faculty, the Center supports efforts ranging from basic course website management to advanced project development. CCNMTL also extends the scope and reach of its work with strategic initiatives that engage educators, researchers, librarians, partner institutions, and the community in the reinvention of education for the digital age. For more information, please visit http://ccnmtl.columbia.edu.
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: