|add to favorites||Staff Accountant||
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)invites applications for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, various account analysis and reconciliations, financial reporting and profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
* Preparing monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information
* Responsible for general ledger
* Fixed asset processing and reporting
* Monitor restricted fund accounts
* Review bank statements
* Research and reconcile ledger discrepancies
* Auditing and verifying documents
* Monitoring and following internal controls incorporating various policies and procedures
* Learn, understand and work with the university’s enterprise software platform (Jenzabar)
* Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis from other Finance Office staff
* Must have a BS in Accounting degree from an accredited 4 year university
* 2 to 3 years of industry or public accounting experience
* CPA certification or candidate to achieve certification a plus
* Strong computer and software application skills
* Accuracy in daily work and other projects
* Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
* Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions from both Controller and Assistant Treasurer
* Ability to maintain good working relationships all department heads and staffs
* Ability to function as a team player in a university setting
For consideration please submit resume and salary expectations to:
Milwaukee School of Engineering
1025 N Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
MSOE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: http://www.msoe.edu
Posted on October 26, 2011
|add to favorites||Senior Vice President of Finance||
This position will provide strategic and operational leadership for the University’s comprehensive financial management functions. The individual in this position must support and embrace the mission of the University and the Franciscan Values.
The individual in this position: Directs short term and long term financial planning and forecasting, manages cash flows, and makes recommendations for investments of funds. Analyzes financial records to forecast future financial position. Provides oversight and recommendation for University compliance programs for federal and state financial aid business operations, cash management functions, and academic compliance issues that impact billing or purchasing functions. Responsible for all risk management insurances, tax reporting, contractual agreements, and debt covenants. Has ultimate responsibility for all accounting, budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, planning & modeling, and payroll functions for the University.
* Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline required
* Current CPA license required
* Minimum of 10 years related work experience required, preferably in higher education
* Must have extensive experience with organizational financial planning and the development of budgets with sound financial projections, knowledge of current best practices in finance and accounting and the demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and supervise
* Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with members of the University community
* Must show demonstrated ability to explain financial and accounting concepts and convey fiscal information to non-financial groups
* Must have strong and effective presentation skills
A criminal background check is required prior to employment. When applying, please reference the title of the position in the subject line. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Employment and Benefits Manager
Cardinal Stritch University
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: http://www.stritch.edu
|add to favorites||Account Analyst||
Salary Range: $30,000 - $35,000
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family", which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USC's University Collections & Bank Reconciliations Department is seeking a Collector II to join its team.
The Collector II is responsible for collection of student debts such as student loans, tuition and fees that have become delinquent. Assists in reducing the University's delinquent receivables and losses. Assists students with resolution of financial problems. Performs specialized review, research and problem solving in support of student collection function.
Job Accountabilities will include:
* Interact with students, parents and other authorized parties to attempt to resolve past due tuition and fees accounts.
* Analyze past due accounts in terms of finding resolution mutually beneficial to the student and the University.
* Update and maintain contact information enabling the University to stay in communication with student.
* Follow up to ensure students pay their past due balances, or take steps that will result in payment or other resolution of them.
* Recommend or carry out payment enforcement measures, such as denial or cancellation of the student's Registration, denial of other student services, or assignment of the account to a collection agency.
* Keep complete, accurate records of all events and data relating to implementation of above functions.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: https://jobs.usc.edu
|add to favorites||Accounting Clerk||
Cast and Crew’s core business and revenue stream is based on providing Payroll and Production Accounting Services to the Entertainment Industry. Both of these services are largely dependent on Product related technology and the ability to deliver them to customers in the United States and Canada. Cast and Crew could be considered an Application Services Provider (ASP).
Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, the Coordinator is responsible for primarily banking related activities.
Tasks may change from time to time at Management's discretion. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
-Stop payment request internally and externally with the bank
-Handle check verification phone calls and research
-Coordinate fraud check filings with the bank
-Check research and present images of cancelled checks as needed
-Daily direct deposit rejection reporting
-Daily bank reconciliation and clearing of items
-Daily bank exceptions
-Custodian of bank records
-Perform Monthly bank reconciliations
High school graduate or equivalent
-Minimum of 1 year experience in Accounting or related departments
-Familiarity with basic bookkeeping procedures.
-Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
-Typing and 10-key data entry proficiency are required
-Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word & MS Outlook
-Experience in the entertainment industry and/or payroll processing is a plus
-Experience in Oracle or other Large Enterprise Financial System a plus
-Good written and oral communication skills
-Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively
-Ability to work in team environment
Organizing, Prioritizing, Delivering
-Ability to multi task and prioritize to meet deadlines
-Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
-Good follow through skills
-Ability to maintain positive attitude and self-motivate
-Cooperate and willing to assist other staff
-Ability to use computer applications, adding machine, and telephone
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link:
|add to favorites||Accounts Payable Coordinator||
Finance and Accounting | West Hollywood, CA, United States
We are the leading online local media company meeting the changing needs of consumers, publishers and local advertisers. We keep consumers connected to the best restaurants, bars, shops, spas and professional services across 75,000 neighborhoods through its innovative local brands including Citysearch.com, Urbanspoon and Insider Pages.
We operate CityGrid, the largest content and advertising network for local. CityGrid aggregates more than 600,000 paying advertisers, enhanced listings and content for 18M businesses, and reaches more than 140M unique users across 150 web and mobile sites. This means wherever local happens, CityGrid is part of it.
Right now, we’re hiring an Accounts Payable Coordinator. With competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a dynamic work environment, CityGrid Media is the company for you!
•Review and code expense reports
•Correspond with company personnel and outside vendors to obtain approvals to pay invoices and to research open invoices as needed
•Correspond with company personnel and outside vendors to obtain approvals to pay invoices and to resolve invoice amounts in question
•Maintain the AP files
•Test invoices for clerical accuracy
•Code expenses to general ledger accounts on a daily basis
•Data entry into Accounts Payable module of Great Plains
•Process checks when applicable complete with supporting documentation
•Collect W9’s from vendors
•Match invoices with receiving reports and purchase orders
•One year of experience in a similar accounts payable function is desired
•Requires extreme attention to detail & ability to handle tight deadlines
•Must be flexible to change and able to work in a team environment with a can-do attitude
•Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
•Familiarity with Excel (or other similar spreadsheet program) is desired
•Knowledge of Great Plains (accounts payable module) is desired
CityGrid Media LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI.) For more information, visit www.CityGridMedia.com
CityGrid Media is an equal opportunity employer.
|add to favorites||CPA, Financial Manager||
Institute For Multicultural Counseling & Education Service (I.M.C.E.S.)
(I.M.C.E.S.) is an outpatient clinic providing Mental Health & Supportive Services
to children and adults of diverse ethnic groups in Los Angeles
I.M.C.E.S. has an immediate opening for CPA, Financial Manager.
Candidate must be a committed individual with high level of professional ethics, responsibilities, and relevant technical skills to provide fiscal management of a non-profit out-patient agency. Candidate must have experience in managing federal, state, and local funds in addition to county contracts with the Department of Mental Health, Deparment of Children and Family Services, and Department of Public Social Services.
IMCES provides excellent salary and benefits commensurate with direct experience in the context of above requirements.
Travel Required: 1% of the time
Experience Required: 2 yrs
Visa Sponsorship: Do not sponsor.
Preferred Major: Accounting and/or Finance
Preferred Degree: Masters
Job Certifications: Current CPA license
Locations: Los Angeles, CA 90010 USA
Contact Name: Nicole Shellcroft