|add to favorites||Director of Marketing||
The University of Southern California Alumni Association is seeking a Director of Marketing to join its team. The Director of Marketing will oversee the research and recruitment of external and internal benefit providers, sponsors and new merchandise programs that support the strategic and financial goals of the USCAA as well as the maintenance, cultivation and management of the USCAA's current relationships with benefit providers and sponsors, and the timely receipt of all revenues due the USCAA. The successful candidate will develop an integrated marketing plan that accounts for USCAA's obligations to our corporate sponsors and promotes all USC benefits to alumni. The Director will be responsible for the design and creation of advertisements and collateral specifically related to partnerships and the day-to-day management of the departmental budget. Additionally, this position supports the USCAA Board of Governors Business Partnerships Committee.
The Director will also oversee Trojan Travel and provide leadership and direction to the Associate Director of Trojan Travel and further integrate the travel program with the rest of the USC Alumni Association program and ensure that it is employing best practices and enhancing revenues and efficiencies.
This position requires a candidate with exceptional leadership abilities, outstanding writing skills and communications proficiency, superb organization and attention to detail, extensive customer service expertise and analytical problem solving. Other key attributes required include the ability to work as a member of a team and strong diplomatic skills.
This position requires some out-of-town travel and a flexible evening/weekend schedule to accommodate events. Some driving will be required.
The Director reports to the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing, and will supervise two or more staff members, as well as student workers. The Director will be expected to contribute to the overall advancement of the USC Alumni Association, and is also responsible for other duties, as assigned.
- Manages day-to-day marketing operations and supervises staff, as assigned.Participates in development of marketing and sales goals, objectives, plans and strategies. Assists in determining target markets.
- Administers programs to promote awareness of department services and/or products within the University community and/or to the general public, such as direct mail, telemarketing, advertising, publicity, community relations, promotional activities, special events, etc.
- Develops, produces and distributes publications and other promotional materials for department marketing and public relations purposes.
- Researches and prepares budget proposals for marketing purposes, as assigned.
- Administers marketing budget(s), as assigned.
- Develops and implements market research instruments or utilizes standard market research instruments to collect information necessary to market department goods and/or services. Plans and conducts surveys, as appropriate.
- Coordinates use of surveys and other market research instruments to collect appropriate information, as assigned.
- Designs and produces marketing reports for department and/or University use.
- Administers department marketing calendar, as assigned. Monitors schedules, production and distribution arrangements and other details to ensure timely completion and quality control of marketing activities and publications.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with internal and external marketing
professionals and vendors such as artists, designers, photographers, mailing houses, postal service, list brokers, advertising representatives, media contacts, etc.
- Negotiates licenses and/or vendor contracts, as assigned.
- Coordinates appropriate use of University and/or department logos, emblems and indicia.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate network of professional contacts. Maintains currency with professional organizations and publications. Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, etc. Represents University and/or unit, as assigned or appropriate.
- Develops and implements security related procedures such as office opening and closing routines, recognition of duress signals and key controls. Coordinates security activities with University Public Safety Department. Promotes and maintains standards for security conscious awareness and behavior. Maintains knowledge of University's crime prevention and suppression programs and services. Ensures dissemination of security related information to staff.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
For further information and to apply to this job visit the following link: https://jobs.usc.edu